So, let’s start with the short step-by-step tutorial:
- I started with a white cardstock as the base. I will be trimming an inch off of this white cardstock later as you will see in the next steps. I mounted my photos with some foam tape for a bit of height.
2. To add texture and a bit of color, I used a mixture of black, brown and white metallic mists. I kept on adding white glimmer mist until it mixed beautifully with the brown and black mists. Using a heat tool, I dried the splatters before adding modeling paste with a spatula and stencil.
3. I placed a doily underneath the photo before adhering with glue.
4. I fussy cut a lot of images from one of the Pen & Ink specialty paper. I love how vibrant the black images are against the soft sepia tones of the papers in the collection.
5. As mentioned earlier, I trimmed an inch off the white cardstock. Then, I adhered it on the Lacey patterned paper.
6. I started embellishing after this with the Collectables and the rest of the fussy cut images from the specialty paper, Antiques.
7. For the final touch, I scattered black rhinestones following the diagonal flow of the page design.
Here are more detailed shots of the finished layout
I tucked in some wood flourishes and left them as is for a bit of color contrast.
I mounted some of the ephemera pieces with foam tape for dimension.
That’s all for now. I hope you liked my project! Do leave a comment if you have any questions regarding today’s project.
Thank you so much for dropping by and see you with a new project in a few days.
KAISERCRAFT PRODUCTS: P2511 Lacey | CT934 Collectables | PS523 Antiques | SS360 Sticker Sheet | FL619 Flourish Pack Trinkets | CD101 Cardstock Coconut | IT451 Tile Pattern | SB777 Rhinestones Black | T321 Acid-Free Craft Glue | T303 Foam Tape | T315 Double-Sided Tape
Other: Modeling Paste | White Doily | White Thread | Black, Brown and White Glimmer Mists