“One Sheet Wonder” ~ Set of 10 Mother’s Day Cards
Have you ever made the “One Sheet Wonder” quick and easy cards with just one 12×12 piece of Scrapbooking paper? I made my first set last week. They were a lot of fun so I thought I would try again, this time using Kaisercraft’s Fleur Collection. These cards would be perfect for Mother’s Day as they all have a grateful/love sentiment which suits a Mother’s Day card. With Mother’s Day literally just around the corner…eeek! These cards might get your thoughts headed in that direction if you aren’t already prepared with Mother’s Day cards this year. The left over cards can be added to your card stash for birthdays, thank you and friendship cards.
I have included a Written and Video Tutorial with this post so you can recreate these cards if you wish.
Video Tutorial ~ “One Sheet Wonder” Cards
Written Tutorial ~ “One Sheet Wonder” Cards
P2518 Loveable (main 12×12 paper) and P2519 Happy Days (for die cutting)
Fleur Collectables and Wooden Flourishes
Pen and Ink Stamp Set and Black Ink Pad
Decorative Dies: Perfume Label, Whimsical Circle Frame, Hanami Flowers
Gold Glitter Tape, Black Sewing Thread, Black Rhinestones, Dusty Pink Paper Blooms
Instructions for Cards:
- Measure the template onto 12×12 Paper and cut out.
- Use 10 cards or cut 10 from Card Stock. The cards can really be any size you like…the sketches can be adjusted to suit the size of your cards.
- Make cards up following basic sketch guidelines.
- Choose a Sentiment for each card from Collectables.
- Stamp a butterfly or flower onto some cards with Black Ink. Ink edges of cards with Black ink as well.
- Choose 2 Dusty Pink Blooms for each card.
7. Choose a variety of Decorative Dies and cut from Happy Days Paper. Place a Decorative Die on each card.
8. Add some black sewing thread under each paper bloom cluster.
9. Choose some wooden flourishes for each card.
10. Glue everything down with Acid-free Craft Glue and embellish with Black Rhinestones.
These cards are very simple to make and can be made up quickly. It is a good way of using up those last bits of 12×12 paper from a Collection.
If you decide to have a go at the “One Sheet Wonder” pattern, be sure to let me know! I’d love to see your take on this basic pattern.
You can see my other “One Sheet Wonder” set of cards here.
Thanks for reading and have a lovely, crafty day!
Alicia : )
Kaisercraft Products: P2518 Loveable | P2519 Happy Days | CT935 Collectables |FL622 Amazing Flourish Pack |CS324 Pen and Ink Clear Stamps | IP719 lack Ink Pad | DD805 Decorative Die – Perfume Label | DD810 Decorative Die – Whimsical Circle Frame | DD469 Decorative Die – Hanami Flowers | PT227 Gold Glitter Tape | SB777 Black Rhinestones | F641 Dusty Pink Paper Blooms | Other: Black Sewing Thread |