Add a little SPARKLE into someone’s day by sending them one of these gorgeous
interactive Tri- Shutter Cards similar to the ones that Alicia McNamara has made for us here.
Follow these Step by Step instructions and you will discover these aren’t as difficult to create as they look
but ever so effective and eye catching, especially using the gorgeous SPARKLE collection with its rose
gold foiled elements like on the following pages.
STEP ONE – Make the Card Base
- From a 12″ x 12″ piece of cardstock – white is a great colour to use as a base
- Cut it in half so that you have two 6 x 12″ rectangles. (this will make two cards)
- Score each card piece at 2 inches, 4 inches, 8 inches and 10 inches vertically.
- Score horizontally at 2 inches and 4 inches as per the diagram below.
- Cut your card horizontally following the red cut lines as per the diagram below starting at two inches from the top and two inches from the left-hand side and stopping two inches from the right-hand side.
- Repeat at four inches from the top.
- Fold your card into mountains (folding towards you) and valleys (folds away from you) as per example below.
STEP TWO – Decorate the Card Base
- Cut two 6″ x 2″ rectangles of printed paper to cover the left and right sides of the cards
- Cut six 2″ x 2″ squares of printed paper to cover each of the squares
- Cut three 4″ x 2″rectangles of printed paper for the middle sections.
TIP: Cut the above pieces slightly smaller to give a white border on each section if desired.
Download full instructions to recreate the SPARKLE tri shutter cards shown below HERE.
STEP THREE – Embellishing the Cards
- Create three card bases as per the above instructions
- Use a combination of the paper gold foiled papers LUSTER, GLISTENING and ILLUMINATE and cover the small squares and inside rectangles as per the downloadable instructions or as desired using coordinating papers
- Use the top three 4″ x 3″ rectangles and matte onto white cardstock
- Fussy cut poinsettias from GLINT. Cut each in half and attach behind each sentiment using foam tape to add dimension.
- Adhere these sentiments to the card fronts using foam tape
- Further decorate cards as desired using a combination of collectables, rhinestone strips and ribbon.
TIP: You could keep one of the rectangles in the middle blank to write a personal greeting or message.
Don’t forget you can shop this collection online by clicking below