From the day my little guy was walking he would collect rocks and bring them home, whether they were tiny or boulders, we would lug them home to add to his collection. Although Morning Dew is a very feminine collection I couldn’t resist using the rocks in the Breathe paper to create this layout.
WITH LOVE Collection: P2758 Breathe, P2760 Calming, PP1069 Paper Pad, CT963 Collectables.
KC PRODUCTS: CS360 Tiny Dot Texture Stamp, IT493 Distressed Dots Template, KM132 Gold Shimmer Kaiser Mist, KM126 Lime & KM127 Turquoise Kaiser Mist, IP752 Smoke Kaiser Ink, CD601 White Cardstock.
- Use white cardstock as your background and spray Gold ink through the stencil to create your first layer of colour. Allow to dry, or speed up the process with a heat tool.
- Mix the Lime and Turquoise mist together to create and apply to background with a brush or using the packaging technique.
- Matt your photograph with CALMING (reverse) and papers from the paper pad.
- Fussy cut some the rocks from BREATHE (reverse) and add around your photograph.
- Add some texture to the background with the Tiny Dot texture stamp and Smoke ink.
- Tuck in some collectables around the image as well as a couple tabs from the back of the paper pad. Use one of the barcode strip from CALMING as a subtitle.
So next time you are creating with a collection, look outside the box and if a paper in the collection jumps out at you then create your layout based on that piece of paper to help you tell a story.